10 Tips for Getting Your Backyard Ready for Summer
As the days begin to get warmer, the sun sets a little later, and you want to spend more time outside, make sure your backyard is up for the challenge by getting it summer-ready!
From giving your grass a little TLC to dusting off your favorite outdoor equipment, take the steps to properly prepare your backyard for summer so you can enjoy your private oasis all season long.
- Rake your yard to remove leaves and other debris that prevent essential nutrients from reaching the soil below.
- Aerate your grass and add fertilizer to help create a healthier and more vibrant lawn.
- Reseed bare patches of grass and use mulch to encourage new growth.
- Prune trees and shrubs to help prevent any infections or insects from spreading to other limbs.
- Add insect repelling lighting like torches or LED lanterns to help keep pests away.
- Prepare your flower beds by removing winter protection and removing any dried leaves or debris.
- Clean your backyard furniture and get rid of any winter buildup by scrubbing them with mixture of dish soap and water and spraying them down with water.
- Pull out any seasonal toys like playhouses, inflatables, splash pads and more, and get them ready for summer play.
- Get your grill ready for the season by scrubbing the grates, cleaning off the exterior, and upgrading any of your old utensils.
- Start planning your outdoor summer projects like planting new herb gardens, adding an above ground pool, building a fire pit, and more so you can start tackling them this season.